Mira’s Instagram app lets you display photos from a specific Instagram account or pull from up to three hashtags, making it easy to feature your customer’s best shots from your business or share the latest happenings with your visitors. Follow the steps below to get Instagram on your screens!
Setting up an Instagram business account
- Instagram requires businesses to have a free Instagram business account, which is easy to set up! (if you already have an Instagram business account tied to a Facebook page, you can skip these steps and move onto the next section.) To get started, open Instagram on your smartphone and tap the Profile button at the bottom right, then tap the Menu button at the top right.
- Tap "Settings", followed by "Account".
- Tap "Switch to Business Profile" at the bottom and follow the steps shown.
- Connect your business's Facebook page when requested (Note: This step is shown as optional in Instagram, but is required to use Instagram with Mira)
- Review your contact info in the next section and tap "Done". Your Instagram business account is all set!
Putting Instagram on your screens
Now that your Instagram business account is ready to go, you can now put Instagram on your screens:
- While looking at the screen you want to put Instagram content on in the Dashboard, click “Add Content” then click the + button to add a new presentation and click “Add Instagram”.
- Log into your Facebook account by clicking the “Log in with Facebook” button under the presentation details. If you are already signed into your Facebook account on your browser, it will be detected automatically and you’ll be asked to authorize it with Mira’s Instagram app.)
- Select the associated Instagram account(s) to pull posts from.
- Adjust your other settings:
- Name is the section to set a name for your Instagram presentation.
- Source lets you choose where you want to pull posts from. Options include displaying all posts or time-bounded posts or displaying recent or top-rated posts from specific hashtags.
- Hashtags let you set up to a maximum of 3 hashtags to pull posts from.
- Shuffle will randomize the order in which posts are displayed.
- Layout lets you choose the number of posts to show on the screen at once.
- Zoom sets Mira to "zoom" into each post on the screen, highlighting each post by bringing it front and center before cycling to the next post.
- Profanity filter does exactly what it sounds like it should do - filters out any profanity in a post's caption.
- Headline creates a headline that shows up at the bottom. Useful for adding things like "follow us @ourBiz", or "post with hashtag #thisPromotion".
- Theme lets you choose from precomposed themes to find the colors and fonts that work best for your business.
- Presentation Duration lets you choose how long your screen should display the Instagram presentation before switching to the next item in your schedule or default loop.
- Click "Save", then click "Publish". That's all there is to it!