Scheduling content with Mira allows you to set your screens up with recurring content like menus or daily specials with the greatest of ease. This feature helps avoid micromanaging your screens during your rush hours by setting your content in advance.
How does scheduled content Work?
Scheduled content can be used to show content that appears on the screen at specific times of the day. When your schedule starts, your screen will switch over from your default content to your scheduled content. The scheduled will run until the selected end time and then switch back to your default content.
- Click the screen or group you want to schedule content for under the “Screens” view
- Click the “Scheduled Content” button.
- Click the “Add Content” button.
- Select or create the content you want to schedule and click “Add to Screen”
- You should now see your selected content towards the left side of the Scheduled Content menu. Above your selected content are several options you can set:
- Sequence Name: The name of your scheduled content
- Start Date & Time: Specify the exact day and time your scheduled content will appear on your screen.
- End Date & Time: Specify the exact day and time your scheduled content will be removed from the screen and return to your default loop.
- *NOTE* - If a schedule runs for multiple days, it will override your default content for that whole time.
- You can add additional presentations to your schedule by clicking the “+” icon.
- Once you’re ready to schedule the content, click “Save”.
- Your schedule will now be visible to the left side with information on the day and time the content will appear on the screen. Make sure the scheduling looks right, then click “Publish”!
Can I schedule content as a repeating event?
Yes! If you have content that you’d like to show once a day, once a week, once a month, every other week, or every other month Mira features the ability to schedule content on a weekly or monthly schedule:
- After adding your content, click the toggle labeled “This is a repeating event” to reveal an additional set of options.
- REPEAT EVERY - This is where you can schedule content to repeat on a weekly or monthly basis. You can also schedule content biweekly or quarterly (for example) by selecting an option like 'every two weeks' or 'every three months'.
- ON - For weekly events, you can specify the days of the week your scheduled content will appear. Setting a repeating event to repeat “1 week”, on every day of the week, will create a daily repeating event. For monthly events, you can use the original start date, select a date of the month to recur on, or select choose to repeat on the last day of every month.
Why is my scheduled content crossed out in my sequence?
When reviewing your scheduled content sequence and you notice certain pieces of content crossed out, this indicates that content in your sequence is overriding another. In the example below, the YouTube video scheduled is being overridden by the Happy Hour Advertisement. This means that the Happy Hour Advertisement will continue to play, even if the YouTube video is scheduled to play at 7:30 PM. Instead, it will play at 8:00 PM.
Mira will automatically set your schedule to start at the beginning of the next full quarter hour by default. Lastly, when scheduling new content, it will always override older scheduled content so it’s best practice to be mindful of the start times you’re specifying to avoid any overlap in previously scheduled content.
Why isn’t my scheduled content playing correctly?
A few things should be checked when noticing that your scheduled content is not playing correctly:
- Double-check the time your scheduled content is set to play. Your schedule time relates to the timezone of your computer - (I.E. if you are editing schedules for your business based in New York and you’re traveling in California, the timezone that will be used is Pacific time).
- Currently, at least one piece of default content should be published to a screen that has scheduled content, which Mira will revert back to when your content is not scheduled to be playing.
- If you still see content running at unexpected times, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.