1. Click the "Add Content" button next to the screen or group you want to publish your news feed to.
2. Click the "+" button to add new content, then click “Add News Feed”. Choose a name that describes the news feed you're adding, then paste in the URL for the RSS feed you want to use. (For help finding an RSS feed, see the Best Practices section below.)
4. Choose the theme and duration for your news feed. News offers three different themes. Each theme offers a different look and feel, so you can pick the theme that works best for your news feed. You can also choose whether you want the screen to show a single news item, or a list of recent news items. Then click the "Save" button.
5. Make sure your new content is selected, then click “Add To Screen”. If you want to add your new content to your existing content loop, click "Loop Forever". If you want to schedule your content to play at a specific time in the future, click “Schedule For…”
6. Review your new content loop, then click "Publish" to deploy it to your screen. This is your chance to change the order of your default content or set the schedule you want your scheduled content to follow.
- To find the news feed for a website, look for a link that says something like "RSS" or "Feeds". You can also look for the RSS logo, an orange square with rounded corners and a broadcast symbol:
- News needs a URL that links directly to an RSS feed, so "https://www.cnn.com/" won't work, but "http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_topstories.rss" will. (Most RSS feed URLs end in .rss or .xml, but some end with other extensions or no extension at all.)
- Not all news sites or blogs provide RSS feeds. If you can't find an RSS feed for a specific website, please contact the publisher of that website for assistance.
- Services like FetchRSS and QueryFeed can create RSS feeds from social media streams and other websites that don't provide RSS feeds by default.
- News will show images if they're available. Some websites add images to their RSS feed in non-standard ways, so if you think a feed should show images but it doesn't, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.