Mira supports uploading PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides presentations as either PDFs or videos. Each format has its own advantages and drawbacks. This article will help you identify which option is right for you, and show you how to export your presentation in the right format.
Exporting your PowerPoint presentation as a PDF produces a smaller file, making it easier to move, share, and upload. However, animations and transitions between slides are not preserved in a PDF. Your presentation will move from one slide to the next without showing any animations or transitions.
Exporting your PowerPoint presentation as a video produces a larger file, but preserves animations and transitions. This makes exporting as video the best option when you want to make sure your vision for your presentation is preserved exactly.
How to export your presentation as a PDF
- If you're using Microsoft PowerPoint, follow these steps.
- If you're using Apple Keynote, follow these steps, selecting the "PDF" option.
- If you're using Google Slides, click File > Download As > PDF Document (.pdf).
How to export your presentation as a video
- If you're using Microsoft PowerPoint, follow these steps, selecting the "MPEG-4 Video" option. (Mira does not support Windows Media .wmv files.)
- If you're using Apple Keynote, follow these steps, selecting the "QuickTime" option.
- If you're using Google Slides, you will need to save your presentation as a PowerPoint file (File > Download As > Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx)) and open it in PowerPoint or Keynote to export a video. Google Slides does not support converting directly to video.