MiraLinks are designed to connect to any visible WiFi network or any wired network via a supported USB-to-Ethernet adapter. Before setting up your MiraLink, we recommend coordinating with your organization's IT department to make sure your MiraLink will work on your network. This article documents the connection specifications needed by your MiraLink to successfully connect to the internet.
Please note that hidden WiFi networks are not supported. You can read more details about supported and unsupported WiFi networks here.
MAC Address Whitelisting
If your organization's network employs a MAC ACL, or access control list, your MiraLink’s MAC address may need to be whitelisted. The MAC address for your MiraLink's WiFi connection can be found on the back label of the device. If you connect to your wireless network via a captive portal, you'll need to whitelist your MiraLink's MAC address to bypass the portal.
If your organization's network limits port access to clients by default, you may need to whitelist certain outbound ports for your MiraLink:
Whitelisting inbound port 22 is also recommended. Additionally, customers using the Visit app to join BlueJeans calls from their Mira screens should review the TCP/UDP port requirements for BlueJeans.
If your organization's network sits behind a firewall with domain access control, several domains need to be whitelisted to ensure your MiraLink can connect to Mira's servers:
- 188.8.131.52 (required for DNS resolution)
- *.getmira.com (i.e., getmira.com and all its subdomains)
Port & domain lists may change as our product offering grows.
Other Connection Issues
If your MiraLink has been whitelisted and your MiraLink is still unable to connect, your MiraLink may be unable to establish a connection to your WiFi Network. There are several steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
- Ensure your device is within range of a WiFi hotspot.
- Ensure the WiFi credentials you entered are accurate. If your WiFi network name or password has been changed since you set up your MiraLink, you will need to update your WiFi credentials by following these steps before your MiraLink is able to connect to the Internet.
- Try connecting your MiraLink to the network via a supported USB-to-Ethernet adapter.
If your MiraLink is still unable to connect after trying these steps, please contact us for additional assistance.