Before Your MiraLink Arrives
Mira can be easily configured with most WiFi networks. If your network blocks certain ports or domains, you or your IT department will need to follow some additional steps to ensure your MiraLink works on your network. To make sure you can get Mira up and running right away, we recommend talking to your IT department about Mira before your MiraLink arrives.
You'll also want to make sure you have the following available before you start setting up Mira:
- A screen with an open HDMI port
- An open power outlet
- A WiFi-capable computer (preferably a laptop)
- The password for your WiFi network
- If you plan to connect your MiraLink to the internet via Ethernet rather than WiFi, a supported USB-to-Ethernet adapter
Setting Up Mira
1. Plug your MiraLink into an open HDMI port on your screen. If your MiraLink will connect to your network via ethernet, plug your USB-to-ethernet adapter into your MiraLink, then plug your ethernet cable into the adapter.
2. Plug your MiraLink into a power outlet. The blue power indicator light on your MiraLink will turn on.
3. Select the right HDMI input on your screen. Your MiraLink will display the rest of the setup process on your screen. If your MiraLink is connected via ethernet, it will connect to the internet automatically and you can skip to step 8. If your MiraLink will connect to the Internet via WiFi, there are a few additional steps.
4. Using your WiFi-capable computer, connect to the MiraLink WiFi network shown on your screen. The MiraLink WiFi network will have a name like mira-oxygen or mira-nova:
5. On your computer, a browser window may appear asking you to select your WiFi. If it doesn't, go to setup.getmira.com. (Make sure to connect to the MiraLink WiFi network in step 4 before you do this.) Note: Due to a bug in iOS, iPhones and iPads running iOS 12.3.x or 12.4.x may take up to 60 seconds to display the browser window after joining the MiraLink WiFi network.
6. Select your WiFi network from the dropdown list and enter the WiFi password. Once your MiraLink connects to the internet, it will show a 2-word activation code like SILENT-PLASMA or SPICY-QUASAR on your screen:
6. Go to https://dash.getmira.com and log in with your Mira Dashboard username and password. (Your computer will automatically reconnect to the normal WiFi when your MiraLink connects to the internet.)
7. Enter the 2-word activation code shown on your MiraLink-connected screen. By entering this 2-word activation code, you associate your MiraLink with your Mira account. You can also set a name for your screen here. Once your MiraLink is activated, you'll see your new screen appear in the Dashboard!
8. Your MiraLink is set up. Now you can start adding content:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Help! I selected my WiFi network and entered the password, but my MiraLink is just sitting on the "Connect to the WiFi network MIRA-NOVA" screen. This means your MiraLink wasn't able to connect to the WiFi network you selected using the password you entered. Try going through steps 4-6 again, being careful to get the WiFi password exactly right.
- Does it matter if the activation code is capitalized? Nope! We automatically capitalize the activation code for you. Just make sure you enter the whole code, including the dash.
- What should I name my screen? Up to you, but we recommend something that makes it easy to find the screen you want later. If you plan to have multiple screens at different locations, for example, you might name a screen "Market Street Menu (Left)" or "Moonbase Airlock Advertising Screen", depending on how you plan to use it.