1. Click the "Add Content" button next to the screen or group you want to publish your YouTube video to.
2. Click the “+” button to add new content, then click “Add YouTube Video”.
3. Enter a name that describes the YouTube video you're adding, then paste the URL of the YouTube video into the URL field. Then click the "Save" button.
4. Make sure your new content is selected, then click “Add To Screen”. If you want to add your new content to your existing content loop, click "Loop Forever". If you want to schedule your content to play at a specific time in the future, click “Schedule For…”
5. Review your new content loop, then click "Publish" to deploy it to your screen. This is your chance to change the order of your default content or set the schedule you want your want your scheduled content to follow.
- To add a YouTube video, all you need is the YouTube URL. This should look something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOPRhwiGFi8.
- To add a YouTube playlist, you'll need the YouTube URL of the first video in the playlist. Make sure the URL includes "&list=" followed by a sequence of letters and numbers. This part of the URL tells Mira how to find the rest of your playlist.
- Please note: some videos aren't authorized for public playback. Mira supports playing unlisted videos, but not private videos. Be sure to test your YouTube videos in the dashboard before deploying to your screens. If a video that had been working suddenly stops working, please make sure that video is still publicly available on YouTube.
Start and End Times
Mira supports the use of YouTube’s start and end URL parameters for playing subsections of longer videos. To use this YouTube feature:
- Click on the “Share” button on the YouTube page for the Video.
- Click on the “Embed” button in that popup.
- Add your start and end time in seconds and copy the URL as shown.